Sunday, September 2, 2012

Under a Driftwood Arch






Under a Driftwood Arch




the sound of ocean waves
white plumes atop the bride’s hair
they hold hands
under a driftwood arch
crowned with sunflowers
abalone shells make a path
log benches flanking each side
one photographer zooms in
another, a few feet behind
red beard with blue shirt smiles
sandwiched between a brown derby hat and a marigold lei
her hand clasps a bouquet of succulents like a torch
and her tan matches his suit

keiko amano

7 comments:

keiko amano said...

My daughter Mikki married Jeff on August 18th, 2012. I've uploaded many photos on Facebook. If you use FB and not my friend there yet, please send me a friend request.

ZACL said...

Now I know where you've been hiding yourself. You've been busy being the mother-of-the-bride. It looks like it was a lovely weather day. that's always a good start to the festivities.

A delightfully descriptive verse.

keiko amano said...

Thank you, ZACL!

kristieinbc said...

Congrats on your daughter's wedding! I have just sent you a friend request on Facebook. I love your poem!

keiko amano said...

Kristie,

Thank you! It was a pleasant surprise to see your friend request on FB! Why didn't I think this before?! You made my day!!!

Rebb said...

Keiko, How perfect to be married by the sea. The photo and your poem are beautiful.

keiko amano said...

Rebb,

Thank you! I've updated so many times, but I think this is the final version. Now, I enjoy writing poems. You've been my good influence.