Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guess Who I Voted



Thursday, January 5th, 2012   
Coffee House Writers's Group
Taco Factory in San Dimas

The first meeting of the year, and Christine's first day after her BRAIN surgery.  Guess who had the surgery.  

  




Friday January 6th, 2012
Caltech Red Door Poetry Club
The Red Room Cafe at the campus

I haven't confirmed with Kathabela, the head of the club, but I'm sure she had attended a yoga class at three p.m. before our meeting at 4:30.  This photo was taken at Rick and Kathabela Wilson's home after the meeting.  I'm also sure she went to her belly dance class the following morning.  She said she made her pink leggings she had on by cutting up one of her pants.  She's also been a Jewelry artist, and I don't know what else she does, but in other words, she is a super woman like Christine above.





Saturday, Jan. 7th, 2012
Coffee House  Writers' Group
Taco Factory in San Dimas

On this day, I tried to take more than a few photos of Christine, but my camera was acting up.  With this camera, I never know how my pictures will turn out.  The above photo was one of only two I managed successfully to click.  But I was glad for this coincidence that Janis happened to be sitting close to me, wearing red sweater.  


I'd like to dedicate this blog to Janis.  She has been steadily, calmly, offering her editorial and other precious comments to all including me.  Some comments I go home and apply on my story, others, I do not, but keep them in mind.  I appreciate Janis's and others' comments equally, but on this day, my appreciation to her has skyrocketed.  During this photo taking, her comment session became a bit overheated.  Most Americans or British people might not call it an argument, but I'm Japanese.  I call it argument.  

I admire the way Janis handle the argument. She did not stop.  I wanted to say to the writer who was receiving her comments, "She is only trying to help you!"   I was chicken.  

No comments: